Why You Need Chiropractic in 2021
Have you decided to renew your commitment to good health this year? Whether you’ve been visiting the chiropractor for years, or you’re considering making a first-time visit, chiropractic care can help you stay healthy and avoid aches and pains in 2021.
Are You Feeling Sore After the Holidays?
Holiday activities, as enjoyable as they may be, can strain your joints, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. If your sciatica has been acting up after dragging your Christmas tree to the curb or your back hasn’t been quite the same since you fell off your snowboard, chiropractic treatments will help you recover from your injuries.
Even seemingly harmless activities, like putting away decorations or shoveling snow, can leave you in pain. In fact, your symptoms may be related to the subluxation of your vertebrae, the bumpy bones that make up your spine. Subluxations happen when the vertebrae become misaligned and may be caused by falls, poor posture, car accidents, poor lifting technique, sitting for long periods, or even stress.
When you’re feeling stressed, the muscles in your neck and back tend to become tight. If your muscles remain tense for a long period of time, the tension can pull your spine out of alignment.
Spinal manipulation, one of the hands-on treatments offered by your chiropractor, eases the vertebrae back into alignment, relieving pain, loosening tight muscles, and improving mobility and range of motion.
7 Ways Chiropractic Care Can Make 2021 Better
Visiting the chiropractor throughout the year offers these benefits:
- Fewer Aches and Pains. It’s always easier to prevent problems than it is to treat them, and aches and pains are no exception. During periodic chiropractic visits, your chiropractor can identify subluxations and correct them before they trigger pain, inflammation, and muscle tension. Misaligned vertebrae or tight muscles press on nerves, causing or increasing pain. Regular appointments help keep your spine aligned and your muscles and joints limber.
- Quicker Healing. Chiropractic treatments like spinal manipulation, soft tissue mobilization, and ultrasound therapy, improve blood flow to injured areas, speed healing, reduce muscle spasms, and promote healing.
- Less Stress. Massage therapy, one of the services offered by your chiropractor, provides the perfect way to treat stress naturally. If your life is hectic, you’ll want to add regular chiropractic visits to your calendar. Treatments decrease the production of the stress hormone cortisol while triggering your body to release serotonin and endorphins, natural chemicals that help you feel relaxed and happy.
- No More Sleepless Nights. Insomnia and poor sleep quality is a problem for many people. In fact, about 30 percent of Americans struggle with insomnia, according to the American Sleep Association. It’s no surprise that falling or staying asleep is difficult if you’re in pain or feeling stressed. Luckily, sleeping pills aren’t the only solution. Chiropractic offers a completely natural way to relieve pain and stress, helping you get a better night’s sleep.
- Better Control of Chronic Conditions. Chiropractic care may make it easier to manage your chronic health conditions. Treatments can help you avoid flare-ups of arthritis, sciatica, migraines, fibromyalgia, and other conditions. Visiting your chiropractor regularly might also help you manage other types of chronic conditions too, like asthma. Improving spinal alignment gives your lungs more room to expand and also decreases pressure on nerves, improving the function of the nerves that serve the lungs.
- No Need for Pain Medication. After chiropractic treatment, you may be able to throw away your pain medication, or at least take less of it. Pain medication only provides temporary relief of your symptoms. Once it wears off, the pain returns. Chiropractic care treats the source of your pain and helps your body heal naturally. Since even over-the-counter pain medications can have unpleasant side effects, finding a natural pain relief method can help you protect your health.
Are you ready to protect and improve your health with chiropractic care? Give us a call to arrange a convenient appointment.
American Sleep Association: Sleep and Sleep Disorders Statistics
Palmer College of Chiropractic: Benefits of Chiropractic
American Chiropractic Association: What Research Shows About Chiropractic